Sholly A. Blustin
- 1987, State of Minnesota;
- 1990, U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Juris Doctor, Honors: Civil Rights Moot Court;
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1984-87 –School of Journalism and Mass Communications, Bachelor of Arts, Honors: Magna Cum Laude;
- Kappa Tau Alpha Golden Key Honor Society 1980-84.
Areas Of Practice
- Business and Corporate Law
- Intellectual Property (Trademarks, Copyrights, Licensing);
- Auto Dealership Law;
- Sports and Entertainment Law;
- Nonprofit Law;
- Estate Planning;
- Real Estate Law; and
- Strategic Business Planning.
- Corporate Counsel, Inver Grove Dealership Group, LLC;
- Founding Member, Blustin & Associates, PLLC 1999-2012;
- Of Counsel, Morrison, Fenske & Sund, P. A., May – October, 2001;
- General Counsel, Tremendous Productions, Inc., August – December, 1998;
- Shareholder, Mansfield, Tanick & Cohen, P.A., Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1992-1998;
- Associate, Reinhardt & Anderson, P.A., St. Paul, Minnesota, 1989-1992;
- Editor, Butterworth Publishing, 1989-1990;
- Law Clerk, Hennepin County District Court, December 1987- 1989;
- Law Clerk, Minneapolis Star Tribune, 1985-87.
Clients And Transactions
Client representation has spanned a variety of industries and disciplines, including, automotive, sports, engineering, media, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, product development, software protection, construction, real estate development, retail stores and professional services. The types of services provided to these clients include (1) intellectual property protection, copyright and trademark prosecution, rights clearance, licensing and royalty negotiations; and university research contracts; (2) advertising law compliance; (3) general business advice and strategic planning; (4) litigation; (5) mergers and acquisitions; (6) nonprofit formation and compliance; (7) real estate; (8) government contracting (defense, SBIR, demilitarization, and intellectual property development); (9) employment issues; (9) estate planning; (11) real estate; and (12) environmental, chemical and biotechnology engineering.
- Author, “Secondary Liability Survey,” ABA Litigation Section, subcommittee on Secondary Liability, 1991 and 1992.
- Editor and Co-Author, “Litigation Update: A Framework for Understanding the Most Common Concerns Leading to Litigation in Mergers and Acquisition of Closely Held Business,” Minnesota Institute of Legal Education, 1995.
- Author, Strategic and Financial Planning: Treating Your Law Firm as a Start-up, Hamline University School of Law, 2005.
- Minnesota State and American Bar Associations
- Minneapolis Jewish Community Center Board Member and Vice President, 1994-2003
- Sabes Jewish Community Center, Minneapolis, MN – President, 2003-2004
- Twin West Chamber of Commerce – Small Business Awards Committee, 2007 – 2009
- The Mauer Foundation’s Mauer Cup Baseball Tournament– Steering Committee 2010, 2011, 2012
- Commissioner, Plymouth New Hope Junior Travel Baseball League, 2012
- Co-producer of mixed martial arts radio show, KFAN Radio, 2009-10